The Okinawa Association of America (OAA) is currently seeking applicants for the Japanese Prefectural Association of Southern California (Nanka Kenjinkai Kyogikai) scholarship award for exceptional students of Japanese and Okinawan culture. We can recommend up to two (2) OAA members and final selection will be done by the JPASC.
DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2018
- Current member of the OAA with no outstanding dues
- If the applicant is a dependent, then their parent/guardian must be a current OAA member
- If the applicant or parent/guardian is a member of another kenjinkai, you may apply through them
- Between 17 – 27 years of age
- Currently a dedicated practitioner of a Japanese or Okinawan cultural tradition (e.g., art, entertainment, martial arts*)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- * For martial arts, the applicant must have a minimum of ni-dan or equivalent
The applicant will need a recommendation letter from his/her instructor and the OAA president, school transcripts, and passport photos.
Please contact the OAA for the application: