The Okinawa Association of America (OAA) is currently seeking applicants for the Japanese Prefectural Association of Southern California (JPASC / Nanka Kenjinkai Kyogikai) scholarship award for exceptional students of Japanese culture. We can recommend up to two (2) OAA members (final selection will be done by the JPASC).
DEADLINE: JULY 17, 2017 (MONDAY)
- Current member of the OAA with no outstanding dues
- If the applicant is a dependent, then their parent/guardian must be a current OAA member
- If the applicant or parent/guardian is a member of another kenjinkai, you may apply through them
- Between 17 – 27 years of age
- Dedicated practitioner of a Japanese cultural tradition (e.g. arts, martial arts*, language)
- * For martial arts, the applicant must have a minimum of ni-dan or equivalent
The applicant will need a recommendation letter from his/her instructor and the OAA, school transcripts, and passport photos.
Please contact the OAA for the application: