UPDATE: Click here to view the commercial! Click on 30sec(ロスVer)
NOTE: Please contact the OAA at 310-532-1929 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this commercial filming. This is not a public filming, so sign-up is required. The producers have informed us that OAA members will get priority in the sign-up because they wish to focus on international Okinawa organizations. Please contact us for more information.
Orion Beer, the 5th largest beer brewery in Japan, will be filming their next commercial here in Los Angeles! Using the popular Okinawan pop song “Ojii Jiman no Orion Biiru” by Begin, the commercial will feature Okinawa Association of America (OAA) members and the local Uchinaanchu community at various LA landmarks such as Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, and Katsuya Restaurant (Hollywood). They really want an emphasis on intergenerational communities, so they invite Uchinaanchu of all ages (minimum 20 years old) to sing and dance — arri kanpai!!!
Surprise your family and friends in Okinawa by joining us for this unique opportunity! The commercial will be aired on television in Okinawa and streamed on Orion Beer’s website.
While this filming is open to the public (sign-up required), the commercial producers would like many OAA members to participate because the OAA will be acknowledged via on-screen text during the final commercial.
They’re looking for 3 groups for August 10 and 11 (Saturday and Sunday; see schedule below). Please contact the OAA at 1-310-532-1929 or email@example.com for more information or to sign up!
Here’s a previous version of the commercial that will give you a better idea of what they’ll be filming: http://www.orionbeer.co.jp/company/cm.html
Click here for the full song (they will only be using the last three choruses, starting from the 3 minutes 11 seconds mark):
LYRICS & KUNKUNSHI:
- Ojii Jiman no Orion Biiru: We have the lyrics (final choruses only) available in Japanese and English (romaji). They would also like to invite sanshin players to bring their sanshin and play along! Click here to download the kunkunshi (sanshin notation)
- Anmaa Gaman no Orion Biiru: The producers also want to try filming for this second song. Here are the lyrics in English (romaji). Click here to download the mp3 (the commercial section begins at the 2:54 mark).
Complimentary bus transportation to and from the filming locations will be provided. All buses will leave from and return to the Okinawa Association of America (16500 South Western Avenue, Gardena 90247).
GROUP A (30 people)
SATURDAY (AUGUST 10) ~ VENICE BEACH
- 8:00 AM | Bus from OAA to Venice Beach (departs at 8:30)
- 9:00 AM | Call time at Venice Beach, begin rehearsal
- 10:00 AM | Shoot #1
- 12:30 PM | Wrap-up and return to OAA
GROUP B (30 people)
SATURDAY (AUGUST 10) ~ VENICE BEACH & BEVERLY HILLS
- 10:00 AM | Bus from OAA to Venice Beach (departs at 10:30)
- 11:00 AM | Call time at Venice Beach, begin rehearsal
- 12:00 PM | Shoot #1
- 1:00 PM | Wrap-up shoot #1 and relocate to Beverly Hills for shoot #2 (open top bus)
- 4:00 PM | Wrap-up shoot #2 and return to OAA
GROUP C (13 people)
SUNDAY (AUGUST 11) ~ KATSUYA RESTAURANT
- 10:00 AM | Bus from OAA to Katsuya (departs at 10:30)
- 11:00 AM | Call time at Katsuya, begin rehearsal
- 12:00 PM | Shoot
- 2:00 PM | Wrap-up and return to OAA