Sunday [日曜日], October 14th, 2012 [2012年10月14日]
11:00AM ~ 5:00PM [11時 ~ 5時]
16500 South Western Avenue
The Okinawa Association of America, Inc. (OAA) is having its annual Bazaar and Fundraiser event at the OAA Center! Enjoy delicious Okinawan soba, mochi, andagi (the best “Okinawan dango” in town), teriyaki chicken and beef bento, spam musubi, and more!
Get a head-start on your holiday shopping with homemade crafts and OAA merchandise. Visit the vegetable/plant booth for bargain prices. You could get lucky, too, with the raffle drawings for wonderful prizes!
Entertain your kids with face painting, arts and crafts, and our Warabi Eisaa Workshop. Enjoy your lunch with live entertainment from local performers: Okinawan karate, taiko, dance and sanshin, as well as hula and ukulele!
This is the OAA’s only annual fundraiser event, so please come out to support and, most of all, to enjoy family, friends, and Okinawan culture!
The 2013 application for the Kempi Scholarship to study in Okinawa is now available for interested persons. This unique and incredibly wonderful opportunity has been around a long time, but has changed and expanded in the past few years.
This annual scholarship provides three different opportunities:
- study one year at one of five universities in Okinawa: University of Ryukyus, Okinawa University, Okinawa International University, Okinawa Prefectural University of Arts, Meio University
- study one year at a university and one year of fieldwork
- study a traditional Okinawan art (dance, textiles, sanshin, music, etc.) for one year
To be eligible to apply:
- Must be recommended by an Okinawa Kenjinkai in the US (contact your local Kenjinkai or OAA for more details)
- Must be between 18 and 35 years of age (not older than 35 by April 1, 2013)
- Must have some basic Japanese language skills (level requirement varies depending on which scholarship opportunity)
- Must have relatives or family friend who is willing to sponsor the student
For more information or to obtain a copy of the application, please contact Yuko in the OAA office as soon as possible.
DEADLINE: October 15, 2012, Monday by 4:00pm
Posted in Kempi Scholarship, Kenjinkai, Members, Okinawa Prefectural Government, Scholarships, Young Okinawans of SoCal (YOSC)
Tagged kempi scholarship, meio university, oaa, okinawa, okinawa association of america, okinawa international university, okinawa prefectural university of arts, okinawa university, okinawan, scholarship, study abroad, uchina, uchinaaguchi, uchinanchu, university of ryukyus